The first parish meeting on January 24, 1916, is considered to be an establishment date of Vuoksenranta parish.
In 1912, farmer Juho Ruponen donated the land in the village of Kankaala for the church’s construction and a cemetery. At first, worship was held in a house that was transported from the village of Käskiselkä. The house had a hall and three rooms. Even then, part of the building was given to the needs of the commune. Later, when church building had been copleted, the house was fully transferred to the commune administration of Vuoksenranta.
In the year 1921, Väinö Keinänen, an architect from Vyborg, was commissioned to draft a new church building. However, the financial state of the parish did not allow the construction to start. It was only in August 1934, when the first stone was laid after a fund raising in 1932. The construction was led by a K.B.Sten firm. February 3, 1935, the church to seat 800 people was consecrated.
The most notable parish member was Pietari Kuisma. He took active participation in the establishment of the parish. Pietari Kuisma lived in Pamppa house of Korpilahti village and was a member of the Finnish Parliament.
By the year 1939 the parish had 2838 members with a commune population of 3700 people. Part of the residents belonged to a Methodist parish with its church in Käskiselkä (it burned down in 1944 from the projectile hit).
From 1940 to 1944, the church continued its ministry. Later, there was an attempt to make a cultural center in the building. In 1950s, roofing and bell tower floors were destroyed by fire. Soon, the building was occupied by a Kolhoz auto repair shop. Shortly after, the building was abandoned.