The parish in Skvoritsy (Skuoritsa) was founded in 1624. A wooden building of St. Catherine’s church was erected in 1763. The construction of a stone church was carried out in 1834-1839. Initially the project was created by Domenico Quadri and later redesigned by Alexey Baikov. At the beginning of the 20th century the parish had around 10 000 members. The church had 1300 seats.
The first senior pastor of the parish was Erland-Jone Werman who was originally from Värmland and received theological education in Upsala university. After serving in Skvoritsy he became a provost of Nyen.
Among the parish’s notable members was Urban Hjärne (1641-1724), Swedish scientists, encyclopedist, doctor, naturalist and a statesman.
In 1939-1941, the church building was used as a club, and eventually it burned down in 1944. The first worship in the dilapidated building was held in 1989.
On January 14, 1990, a 2,5 hectare land plot was passed to Skvoritsy parish for building a new church. On February 23, 1990, the congregation was registered, and on June 15, 1991, a collapsible hut was assembled for worship.
Restoration of the historical building began in 2000. On October 8, 2006, worship started to be held in the church hall again. The consecration of a bell-tower and installation of a cross took place on November 25, 2012.