The Lutheran parish of Spankkova was founded in 1640 under Swedish reign. The parish was located on the territory of Tsarskoye Selo and Peterhof counties. Prior to the Northern War, the parish was assigned to the head parish of Tääkkeli, with its center in the village of Tyaglino, where the Tääkkeli church was then located.
In 1731, a wooden church was built in the village of Shpankovo (Spankkova) and consecrated in the name of St. Andrew. On March 12, 1828, the building was demolished due to dilapidation. Around the same time, the construction of a new stone church with 470 seats began in its place. On March 7, 1833, the church was consecrated in the name of St. Mary.
In 1865 there were 3 657 members in the parish. At that time, the parish was part of the West Ingrian provost.
In 1870, the church of St. Nicholas in Gatchina donated an organ to St. Mary’s church, which was repaired by the master Hesse and consecrated in a new place on July 28.
The senior pastor of the parish was Juho Saarinen, father of the famous Finnish architect Eliel Saarinen. In the Sunday School, which opened at the church in 1889 with the support of parishioners, Pastor Juho Saarinen taught reading, writing and the Lutheran catechism.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the parish included 44 villages, of which 31 villages had a Finnish population, and the rest had a mixed Finnish-Izhora, Finnish-Estonian and Finnish-Russian population.
In September 1937, worship ceased, and pastor Iisakki Virronen, who was then serving in the parish, was shot. In 1939, the church building was transferred to a warehouse. Services resumed during German occupation from 1942 to 1943. In the post-war years, the church building was destroyed.