The first parish church of Koivisto (modern Primorsk) was built in 14th century on the Suokansaari island.
last wooden church, which was the fifth building, could not accommodate all the parishioners, especially on major church holidays. Believers had to gather outside. In 1911, the church was transported from Koivisto to Vyborg. The wooden bell tower remained and stood here until its destruction in 1944.
In 1901, famous Finnish architect Josef Stenbäck designed a new church for 1800 people. Stylistically, the building reflected Finnish national Romanticism. In 1902, the church was completed, and on December 18, 1904, it was consecrated and open for parishioners. At the center of the hall stood a sculpture of a ship, which symbolized the church. The sculpture was made in 1875 and was transferred from the old church. Architect's wife Anna Stenbäck made a fresco on a wall. A stained altar window depicted the appearance of Christ to Mary Magdalene.
In 1905, Emperor Nicholas II visited Koivisto church with his numerous retinue. As a result, the Emperor made a donation, which was used to purchase an organ. This organ was installed by Finnish organ builder Bror Axel Thule in 1906.
During the Winter War the church was not damaged, but the organ was destroyed and removed. After the occupation of Koivisto by Soviet troops in 1940, the church housed House of Culture, a hospital and a stable. Also, meetings of immigrants were held in the building.
With the beginning of the Great Patriotic War, the temple was seriously damaged. By the autumn of 1941, the Finns regained Koivisto and the church was renovated. Worship soon continued.
In the spring of 1944, with the onset of Soviet troops, the Finns left the city again. In the summer and autumn that year, the sailors' club was located in the church building, and in 1948 in was turned into House of Culture again. During the renovation, the building was stripped of any signs of religious affiliation: the church interior was divided into rooms, the stained-glass window was bricked up, the crosses were taken down, and film projection equipment was installed in the choir stalls.
In 1990s, a disco bar was opened in the church, and for some time there was a shop. In 1996, the local history museum was located in the small hall.
In 1993, a meeting was held in Primorsk, at which an Evangelical Lutheran community of 11 people was created. At first, worship was held in the building of the church. Pastor Jorma Kallio became the first senior pastor of the parish.
In 1999, the community received an organ by the Swedish master R. Kolus from Vadsten as a gift. The organ was delivered by Swedish pastor Oskar Björklund and assembled under his supervision.